Monday, April 4, 2011

Quick Update!

As of today, I have been raw two weeks! The time is flying by and I honestly didn't expect it to be this easy! The only tough parts have been really long days where I can't really pack a lunch or head back to my apartment... not fun at all. But other than that I think I'm doing pretty good! I'm sleeping better (when school work isn't killing me), have more energy and my focus is getting a lot better!

I've also slightly changed the parameters of this raw experiment since I last posted. I am working on sticking to raw more so than I expected to. Why you may ask? It's so much faster and simpler! I spend far less time in the kitchen and end up more satisfied and eating really good food. I do have several pretty hard restrictions though, I'm not consuming sugar, wheat, alcohol or caffeine until I am done with school (May 3). I don't miss these things too much but there are days where I'd seriously kill for a muffin and coffee! Like I said before though, this raw lifestyle is an experiment, where I try to find the combination of foods that makes me feel my best, so hopefully I'll see a permanent change by the end of it and will be able to make a decision on how I want to proceed.

My mom visited yesterday and we had an AMAZING lunch with a very quick and simple salad - spinach, strawberries, walnuts and homemade balsamic vinaigrette! In total it took about 5 minutes to throw together and was incredible. I did hit up Whole Foods for dinner on Saturday though and had a pretty decent meal there too. I had a little tofu (cause it was a special occasion) and some really tasty southwest style mix between salsa and a salad. I also had the kale and tahini salad... which was straight out awful. I don't even know how but it was just terrible. Also at Whole Foods I also found KeVita, which was a genius buy. Not even taking into account that it has a ton of awesome probiotics, no sugar or other weird stuff, it's a REALLY REALLY tasty drink for 30 calories a bottle. I had the mango coconut and you can rest assured that the next time I see it I will be picking up more than one bottle! Their website is here http://kevita.com/ but as far as I can tell they're mainly just located in Whole Foods at the moment... hopefully they'll get distributed elsewhere soon as I'm pretty sure I live in the largest city on the eastern coast that doesn't have a Whole Foods less than 45 minutes away!

Anyways sorry for the rambling post! After two weeks raw, I can say this much, if you've been interested in it or kind of considered going raw in the past, GIVE IT A SHOT! No more waiting for tomorrow or for it to get easier, I swear if I can do it than anyone can!! <3

No comments: