Monday, November 1, 2010

Jumping into Vegan MOFO Head First!!

I've tried to get this blog started on more than one occasion... and have never really had the will power to keep it going (or actually get more than one post at a time!). Those days are over... in theory! I'm challenging myself to cook a new food every day for an entire month. My goal is to find inspiration from fellow bloggers and to not post food that I can't link to or create my own recipe for. My three goals (other than continuing to blog) are going to be creating food that is 1) DELICIOUS, 2) healthy, and 3) wicked freaking cheap (as I'm a broke college student!).

In the spirit of Halloween, here's the delicious cake I made for a few friends. If you haven't already been to the consistently drool-worthy www.chefchloe.com , I suggest you head over there right now!!!! While you should really read her blog in entirely (you'll have meals for weeks!) I'd highly suggest her chocolate cake recipe as well as her pumpkin penne. I've made both in the past few days (although forgot to take pictures of the pumpkin penne) and both were AMAZING. I usually hate cake but this one is absolutely perfect. I wasn't thrilled by the frosting, but then again I added pumpkin liquor to mine which made it way too sweet for most. The pumpkin penne was to die for!! I subbed butternut squash in for pumpkin as I had some fresh and slow cooked it until I had a super creamy and delicious sauce. I left out the sage and the pecans just because I didn't have any on hand, but I'd love to try this recipe again when I do!!

Of course, as promised here are the pics!!! I'm not much of a photographer but I'm just using my phone for now... if you can't tell from the pictures it was delicious :-)

IMAG0150


IMAG0148

No comments: